At Northside Nutrition & Dietetics we directly support the following initiatives:
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund to help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes
- Life For a Child which provides insulin, testing equipment and support to children with Type 1 Diabetes in developing countries
- Our very own Cass Maxwell participates in CanToo's half marathon events to raise money for cancer research.
- We also give talks to local community and seniors groups. In the past year we have given talks on diabetes prevention to the Lane Cove Seniors group and to the HEaRT (Healthy Eating and Recreational Time) program on behalf of Ku-Ring-Gai Council.
- Northside Nutrition & Dietetics also provide work experience opportunites for Year 10 students from local schools as well as work placements for university students studying health and nutrition.
We also love the following community organisations, for providing inspiration for us all:
- The Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network is an informal, community-based organisation linking people interested in community gardening from around Australia.